What is Aggala
Aggala is one of the most delicious sweet in Sri Lanka. This is also a sweet item that can be found in the Aurudu table. This sweet is prepared with roasted rice, jaggery or honey, coconuts, and pepper and has a mild sweetness and peppery flavour.
Tips for Aggala Making
When we use coconut for this recipe, it should be cooked. Because it is spoiled in one day. By cooking them can be expected longer shelf life. In this recipe, sugar is used instead of honey. Because some people are unable to find the honey at once. Sugar is always available at any home. So, sugar is an easy material to find at any time, anywhere.
- 1 cups Roasted Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- 100 g Sugar
- 125 ml Water
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Take a pot and add a small amount of sugar.
- Then heat it until brown color.
- Next add the rest of sugar and water keeping stiring.
- Then let to dissolve the sugar.
- After it becomes as the texture of honey, remove from the heat.
- Then place it aside.
- Take another pot and add coconut.
- Then cook them for a few minutes.
- Next add the sugar syrup to it. Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Now add roasted rice flour little by little to the coconut mixture and mix well.
- If the mixture is dry, you can add a little hot water.
- After that add salt and pepper to it.
- Now, ready the mixture.
- Then make balls from the mixure and coat them with roasted rice flour.
- It is served as a snack and with a cup of tea.
Follow our Facebook pageCookerybay