Aluva is Sri Lankan traditional dessert. There is various types of Aluva. Meegamu aluva, Pani aluva, Kiri aluva and seeni aluva are some of them. Aluva is made from mainly rice flour and honey. Also can add cardamom and cashew nuts.
It is served for Sinhala and Tamil New Year and various functions like marriages, birthday parties.
Table of Contents
Let’s Try to make Delicious Aluva
How to make aluva
- 1 grams Rice Flour
- 2 cups Honey can use 750grams of sugar instead of honey
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 100 grams Cashew Nuts
- First of all, fry the rice flour until golden color. Set aside some of the flour.
- Then sift the flour.
- If there is honey, put it into a pan and melt it on the stove.
- If there is no honey, we can use sugar instead of it. Put sugar into a pan and add 2.5 cups of water. Then melt it on the stove until it becomes honey.
- Once the sugar syrup / honey reaches the threading point remove it from the stove.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Then let it dry for few minutes.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add cashews to it.
- Stir until it becomes like a paste.
- Sprinkle the remaining flour on a plate/tray, add the mixture and thinly sprinkle with flour.
- Then cut the "Aluwa" to the desired shape and size.
- Pack them in a bowl and sprinkle flour.
Follow our Facebook page is CookerybayDo you like making Mun Keum. Read it here!