What is fish curry
Fish curry is a spicy seafood item. In many Asian nations, fish curry is a common dish. A variety of locally obtainable ingredients are used to make it. Sri Lankans consume this mild, lightly sour, and deeply aromatic yellow curry as a side dish. The mixture’s distinctive sweet-sour flavour comes from the dried tropical fruit goraka, also known as garcinia cambogia, which is sold at any grocery or vegetable shop and online. If you can’t find it, deseeded and rehydrated tamarind pulp also can be used.
Sardine, ginger, coconut milk, garlic, onions, green chillies, tamarind, and a few more spices are used to make the very well-known Kerala Fish Curry in South India. Fish curry can be made in numerous ways. There are many different ways to achieve this, even in Sri Lanka. Additionally, I add coconut milk to this recipe. The coconut milk provides creaminess and cools the heat. Whitefish is cooked in a spiced broth or sauce in an Indian dish known as fish curry. It is frequently served with basmati rice, idli, or dosa.
What is curry
The name “curry” comes from the Tamil word “kari,” which means “spiced sauce,” a thin, soup-like spiced dressing that has been served in southern India since 1500 BCE.
- 500 g Fish
- 1 Onion
- 3 Tomato
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Roasted curry powder
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Pepper powder
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 pieces Goraka
- 1 Cinnamon
- 3 Cardamom
- 3 Coves
- Wash and clean fish and cut to medium pieces.
- Tke a bowl and add fish pieces, salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder and mix them well.
- Then place it aside.
- Chop goraka, garlic, cardamom and cloves and make a paste.
- Take a pot and add oil, and mustard seed.
- After heating well, add onion.
- Then add curry leaves.
- Then add green chili and mix well.
- Add roasted curry powder, curry powder, chili powder and goraka paste and mix well.
- Then add cinnamon.
- Add water to it and mix well.
- Then addfenugreek seeds.
- Cook well.
- After that add fish pieces.
- And allow to boil and vook them.
- After cooking well, add salt as your taste.
- Then, remove from the stove.