Chicken kottu…. Wow, Amazing!!! You spit in your mouth when heard this word.?
Wikipedia explains that Kottu is also known as kottu roti or kottu parotta. It can be spelled like this, koththu. This is a Sri Lankan delicious dish. It is a Tamil dish that originated in Jaffna.
Kottu Roti means chopped roti. The method which is used for the preparation of this food also chopping. It has attractive odor. This food is able to attract people to eat this food when preparing.
Kottu is made by piece of roti, vegetables, spices, eggs and meat. There are a few types of Kottu.
- Chicken kottu
- Egg kottu
- Vegetable Kottu
- Beaf Kottu
- Pork Kottu
- Noodle Kottu
- String Hoppers Kottu
- Cheese Kottu
The Main Ingredients of Chicken Kottu
- It is used to make the dough. Dough needs to make the roti. The main ingredient which is required to make kottu is roties.
- Vegetables like, carrot, cabbage, leeks are added to this food to enhance the flavor and colorfulness.
- To enhance the flavor of this food adds spices like garlic, ginger, salt.
- Chicken curry
- This is added to get a spicy flavor for that recipe.
This food can be eaten for dinner. Although Kottu is a restaurant food, most people are addicted to preparing this food at home. This is one of the delicious food that can offer for parties, gatherings, and as family food.
Let’s See How to Make it…..
For making koththu roti
- Add flour and salt to a bowl.
- Then add 4tsp coconut oil.
- Next, adding slightly warm water little by little, and make a soft dough.
- Then spread coconut oil on the bowl and make about 12 balls from the dough.
- Scrape the cocounut oil top of the balls.
- Then close the bowl and place it for 20 minutes.
- After that, thin the balls.
- Make the roti on medium heat.
- Then cut the roties into smaller pieces.
For making chicken kottu
- Thinly cut vegetables (carrot, leeks, cabbage, onion, green chilies and tomato).
- Grind ginger and garlic together and make a paste.
- Cut cooked chicken into small pieces.
- Take a pan, add a little oil and heat it on medium heat.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and eggs.
- Then mix and lightly fry it.Add onion, carrots, leeks, cabbage and chilies.
- Then mix them and lightly fry.
- Next add roties to it and mix well and heat on high heat.
- Then add chicken with gravy.
- Then again mix it well on medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Then it can be served. If you eat in hot, it must be very tasteful.