Homemade mayo is a very tasty recipe in the world. Mayo is actually Mayonnaise. Mayonnaise is a thick, creamy, white sauce. This contains oil, egg, lemon juice, or vinegar. This Mayonnaise has a bit of sugar taste.
Mayonnaise is an emulsion. This is a mixture of two liquids that can’t combine. Mayonnaise is invented by the French chef of the Duc de Richelieu, in 1756.
The Main Ingredients of Homemade Mayo.
- Eggs are used to bind the ingredients together and prevent separation.
- Oil is added drop by drop as the mixture is rapidly whisked. Adding oil too quickly is help to keep the two liquids from emulsifying. Then the sauce begins to thicken, oil is added more rapidly.
Homemade mayonnaise can be stored for three or four days in the refrigerator. Mayonnaise is used as the base of the other sauces, like tartar sauce, fry sauce, and as a dressing of salads, sandwiches, hamburgers, and French fries.
As describes in foodgypsy, there are many types of Mayonnaise.
- Basil Mayo
- Dill Mayonnaise
- Caper Mayonnaise
- Chive Mayo
- Green Mayonnaise
- Herb Mayonnaise
This white sauce is made by many people in the world. It is easy to make from few ingredients. And also, it can make in few minutes. This Mayonnaise can be used with many appetizers, like rolls, potato chips, etc, and also it can be used with pizza, pasta, noodles recipes.
- Small Blender
- 1 Eggs
- 200 ml Oil
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Pepper Powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Mustard paste
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- Add the egg to blender jar.
- Add oil, sugar, pepper powder, garlic powder, mustard paste, lemon juice and salt to the blender jar.
- Then, blend it well.
- Now, ready the mayonnaise.