This article is about how to prepare chicken fried rice at home easily. Chicken fried rice is an amazing Chinese food. Generally, it is cooked with long grain rice like basmati, keeri samba. Additionally, for this recipe is added spices like onion, garlic, vegetables like carrots, leeks, cabbage, and chicken, and sometimes eggs. Fried rice can be prepared as a vegetarian and also with meat. This article is for non-vegetarian people.
Preparing chicken fried rice is not too hard. It is a simple process. It is mostly prepared for special occasions like family parties, friend gatherings, birthday parties. This can be served with chili paste, chop suey, tomato sauce. It is an amazing combination.
Table of Contents
Variants of Fried Rice
- Chinese style fried rice
- For this varient use the medium grain rice. They are also individual grains. It has less floral aroma than jasmine rice.
- Thai style fried rice
- For this varient use fragrant jasmine which is a medium grain rice. It has the perfect balance of stickiness and individual grains. It gives its own aroma to the rice.
- Japanese style fried rice
- This is made with short grain shushi rice. It tends to be stickier/starchier than medium-grain rice.
- Vegetable fried rice
- It is made without meat ingredients. It is a preferable for vegetarian people.
- Mix fried rice
- The specialty of this recipe is using meat ingredients, and seafood ingredients.
- Beef fried rice
- Beef is added to make the beef fried rice.
- Seafood fried rice
- Seafood like prawns, shrimp is added to this recipe.
In most cuisines, including American-Chinese cuisine, Chinese fried rice is popular as a street snack. Fried rice is a Chinese dish served in a variety of Chinese restaurants in the United States, the United Kingdom, and India.
History of Fried Rice
Fried rice is a centuries-old meal that was invented as a method to use up leftover food. It is thought to have developed during the Sui dynasty, which ruled from 589 to 618 AD. This is a native of Yangzhou city.
When people want to get rid of surplus meat or vegetables, they still cook fried rice.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Rice
- Grains should be separate enough from each other and sticky enough to pick up small clumps with a pair of chopsticks or a spoon. For the fried rice recipe most suitable rice varieties are keeri samba or basmati.
- Many varieties of oils such as flavored oil, usually garlic-flavored oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil is used for this recipe.
- Pork, chicken, and even beef are among the most popular meats. Seafood is also a good addition to fried rice to make it more interesting. This recipe is about chicken fried rice. So, for this used chicken as meat.
- The major ingredients include diced beans, spring onions, peas, celery, and cabbage. The essential component of the dish is, of course, the seasonings. To give the dish more tang and flavor, salt, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, and oyster sauce are frequently used.
- Garlic-Ginger and Curry Leaves Paste
- Soy Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
Chicken fried rice is comfort food that is made almost entirely in a wok. Rice that has been steamed or boiled is often stir-fried with other ingredients. To prepare great fried rice, every component must be cooked separately. Remove one item from the wok and add another when making Chinese fried rice. When you serve this dish, garnishing is very significant. With certain inclusions, the meal might be topped with shallots, celery, or carrots chopped into various shapes.
Chicken fried rice is a nourishing and comforting dish. It contains rice, which is nutrient-dense in and of itself. Meats and vegetables are also quite good for you.
Let’s see how to prepare chicken fried rice
Fried rice with chicken
- 300 grams Rice
- 250 grams Shredded Fried Chicken
- 3 Eggs
- 6 Garlic,Cloves
- 1 Ginger
- Curry Leaves
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Large Carrot
- 3 Leeks or Onion Leaves
- ½ Cabbage
- 1½ tsp Soy Sauce
- ¾ tbsp Tomato Sauce
- ¾ tsp Sugar
- Select a suitable raw rice variety. Keeri samba, Basmati is my recommendations.
- Take a pot or rice cooker to cook the rice.
- Add the rice into pot and wash and clean the rice.
- Then, add water to cook the rice.
- Add salt and a few drops of oil or butter.
- Then cook the rice and fter cooking it set aside room temperature to cool.
- Cut vegetables and onion into small pieces.
- Chop garlic, ginger and curry leaves and make a paste.
- Take a wok or a large pot to make the fried rice.
- Add some oil and butter to the wok.
- After heating it add garlic-ginger paste, onion and parfrying in medium heat. It means don't need to fry vey well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, sugar and mix well.
- Then, add cut vegetables (carrot, leeks and cabbage), a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Next, increase the flame and add cooked rice to the wok.
- Then, mix and fry the rice very well.
- Then add the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Now you can serve it with chili paste and chopseuy.