What is Garlic Bread?
Garlic Bread is a type of bread that is made with garlic. It belongs to Italian cuisine. This bread consists of a topping of garlic, butter, or olive oil. Other than that, can add coriander leaves or parsley and some cheeses for the topping. Garlic bread has both crunchy and soft textures. It is garlic-flavored food. Roasting or toasting brings out the garlic flavor of garlic bread.
- Roasting means expose something to dry heat. For example, cook in an oven.
- Toasting means brown the outside of something by held over a fire or placed under a dry heat source like grill.
The preparation of garlic bread is the same as that of Bruschetta. It is an accompaniment with spaghetti and any other Italian dishes. The herbs like oregano can be added to this recipe. In present, a variety of cheeses, like mozzarella, cheddar as the topping of garlic bread. It is a perfect welcome meal at any meal.
History of Garlic Bread
Garlic bread is originated in Italy. It is an American-Italian food. Garlic bread stems from Italian bruschetta. It is unclear who invented bruschetta. This word comes from the Italian word “brassiere” which means roast or toast. Bruschetta is a toasted bread that has been drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with minced garlic. Italian and Mediterranean immigrants introduced this garlic bread recipe to the US. Nowadays it is popular and served in most restaurants.
Ingredients of Garlic Bread
- Warm Milk
- Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil / Vegetable Oil
- Created Mozzarella Cheese / Any Other Cheese
- Chilli Flakes
Variations of Garlic Bread
- Crispy Garlic Bread
- Soft Garlic Bread
- Herbed garlic Bread
- For the preparation of this bread, herbs are added to the butter mixture. Adding herbs, enhance the flavour of this recipe. It can be eaten for the main course also.
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- For this recipe, a variety of cheeses is added. This gives a cheesy flavour.
This food is a famous appetizer also it belongs to the type of hors dóeuvre appetizer. It is served for dinner, breakfast, and tea time. It has a fine taste and crispy texture. It is better to use that food in hot. Many restaurants provide garlic bread as the appetizer for the pizza, pasta, etc. This food can be made at home easily.
- ½ cups Warm Milk
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 6 tbsp Garlic Cloves
- 1 ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 cups Flour
- 4 tsp Oil
- 4 tbsp Coriander
- ½ cup Greated Mozzarella Cheese / Any Other Cheese
- 2 tsp Chili Flakes
- Take a bowl and add warm milk, sugar and yeast.
- Mix all the ingrediants well.
- Place the mixture aside for a few minutes.
- Then, add salt, 3 tbsp garlic, oregano, 2 tsp butter and flour to the mixture.
- Make a soft dough from this mixture.
- Knead the dough again from adding oil.
- Cover the dough and place aside for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, then knead the dough again.
- Then flatten the dough.
- Take a bowl and add butter, garlic and coriander.
- Then mix again.
- Brush the garlic butter on the flattened dough.
- Add cheese, half of chili flakes on the dough.
- Then, fold half and seal the edges of the flattened dough.
- Again, brush the galic butter and add half of the chili flakes top of the folded dough.
- Mark lines on the dough.
- Then, bake the dough at 1800C for 15 minutes.
- Now, ready the cheesy garlic bread.