Milk Barfi is one of the most popular delicious desserts in India. It is a milk-based sweet. It is prepared on Diwali or Deepavali, Holi, Rakhi, and any special occasions like birthdays and weddings. Milk solids and sugar syrup is used for making this food.
Table of Contents
History of Milk Barfi
According to food ndtv, the barfi was devised by Harbans Vig, a Punjabi wrestler from Khushab in the Sargodha area. Doda is reported to be the invention of Vig, who was on the lookout for a sweet that was also healthful. He is credited with creating the fudgy, milky pastry in 1912.
- 2 ½ cups Milk Powder
- ¾ cups Sugar
- 1 cups Milk
- ¼ cups Ghee
- 5-6 Almond
- 5-6 Pistachio
- Chop almonds and pistachio.
- Take a bowl and add milk powder, sugar, and milk.
- Then, they mix well until no lumps.
- Take a pot and put on the flame.
- Then, add the milk powder mixture and ghee.
- They mix on low flame keeping stirring.
- It becomes thick paste after 5 minutes.
- Keep cooking on low flame.
- It becomes soft dough.
- Then, take a tray and brush with oil.
- It press until level up.
- Put almonds and pistachio on to the milk barfi.
- Then, it place in the refrigerator for 1 hour until set completely.
- Next, cut it into pieces and serve.