Caramel pudding is a wonderful, delicious dessert that can prepare at home easily. It is a dairy product. It is served at any function. It is a famous and common dessert in Sri Lanka. It can be introduced as a family dessert. It can be eaten after lunch.
Now we’ll see how to make Caramel Pudding.
- Need a 1 leter sized tub to put the caramel.
- 5 Eggs If they are small, take 6 eggs.
- 120 grams Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanila
- 500 ml Fresh Milk
- 5 tbsp Sugar For caramelization
- Initially, take a pan and add sugar 5 tbsp.
- Then add water about 1tbsp.
- Then boil it until it turns yellow color similar to gold. Make sure not to burn it and let it turn black.
- After few minutes it spread on the tub slowly. Make sure not to add the mixture at once.
- Put this tub in water and then it will get dissolved.
- Then take a pan and add fresh milk.
- Add vanila and sugar 120grams to it.
- Then heat the mixture on low heat. Always mix it slowly. If not there will be air bubbles. You don't have to heat it a lot.
- When it heat little bit it take out from stove.
- Then mix the eggs a little bit.
- Add them into the milk and mix well.
- Next, the mixture strain slowly to the tub.
- Then cover it with a foil.
- The oven is heated to 1700C and place in oven.
- Then bake it for 40 – 45 minutes. You can also prepare this using steamer. If you are steaming it, do it on low heat.
- Next remove the foil during last 10 minutes and again heat it for 150°c.
- Then place the pudding in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After taking out from refrigerator, loose the edges and flip it the other way around on a tray.
- Then it is ready to cut and serve.