Custard pudding is a thick, soft dessert. It contains custard, milk, eggs, a flavoring and sweeteners. But now I’m going to introduce you to how can make custard pudding using custard powder, milk, sugar and butter. This is the easiest way to make it in an urgent situation.
Pudding is one of the delicious desserts in the world. Pudding has a soft, spongy and thick texture. The preparation of pudding is very simple. The Pudding has a sweet and savory taste. The savory taste includes Yorkshire pudding, black pudding, suet pudding.
There are a few ways of pudding making. Pudding recipes are prepared by either one method or a combination of methods.
- Chilled in the refrigerator until pudding gels.
There are many types of pudding.
- Betties are baked puddings. They are made of layers of sugared and spiced fruit and buttered bread crumbs. The most popular one is apple brown betty.
- This pudding is made of milk, cornstarch, sugar and vanilla. Gelatin can be used as a substitute for cornstarch.
- Boiled Pudding
- This pudding is easy to prepare.
- Bread Pudding
- This pudding consists of bread, milk, sugar, eggs and flavorings.
- Diplomat Pudding
- Hasty Pudding
- Indian Pudding
- This has a spicy taste. It is cornmeal-molasses baked pudding and it can sometimes include sliced apples. This can be served with whipped cream, hard sauce or ice cream.
- Steamed Pudding
- Summer Pudding
- Yorkshire Pudding
The Main Ingredients of Custard Pudding
- Custard Powder
This is the main ingredient of custard pudding. Custard powder contains milk, sugar and egg yolk. It is a thickener. It acts as a tasty base for many savory recipes. Commercial custard powder made up of cornflour, riboflavin, salt and different flavors.
Tarladalal explains that when you make a recipe with custard powder, you have to follow some common instructions.
- Mix sugar, milk and custard powder in a bowl and make a paste.
- Add hot milk and stir until sugar dissolves.
- And then becomes a thick sauce.
There are various brands of custard powder available in the market. When you buy this product, you must pay attention to the details on the label.
Custard powder store in an air container in a cool and dry place. This place should be away from direct sunlight and humidity.
Custard powder is used as a sauce over puddings, cakes, and some other desserts.
- To make a fruit salad – Pour over mixed fruit salad
- Use as a sauce – Pour over jellies
- To make fruit tarts.
Milk is also a main ingredient of custard pudding. You can use fresh milk for preparing this pudding. They are available in the supermarket.
There are common types of pudding in the world like caramel pudding, biscuit pudding, chocolate pudding. Custard pudding can be made at home easily. It is a famous dessert among everyone. It can be considered one of the sweetest desserts in the world. This can be served for functions, gatherings and as a family dessert and this can be eaten after lunch.
- 500 ml Fresh Milk
- 4 tbsp Custard Powder
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- Add 150 ml of fresh milk, custard powder to a bowl and mix well.
- Grease with butter the tub that make the pudding.
- Take a pan and add 350ml of milk and sugar.
- Then stir it until milk boils.
- Then add the custard mixture to it.
- Stir continously until the mixture thickened.
- Then off the stove and add 1 tsp butter
- Next, pour the mixture to the prepared tub.
- Let it cool and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Now it can be served.