Christmas is coming…… Are you ready? Are you started to make Christmas foods? If you are not, don’t worry. This is for you. Gingerbread is one of the most popular Christmas recipes. It is a type of Christmas cookie. Gingerbread has a softness in the center, crispiness on the edges, perfectly spiced, molasses, and brown sugar-sweetened.
Gingerbread also can be a dark, spicy cake, or an American version served, sometimes, with lemon glaze. A house-shaped dessert produced with a different gingerbread cookie dough nowadays.
You can make various shapes of gingerbread cookies according to your requirement; like a man, or house. It is perfect if the shapes are related to the Christmas season. And you can decorate them with icings. If you follow the below recipe, you can serve your own food to your family and friends. And also, you can serve them as a gift.
Table of Contents
Ingredients of Gingerbread
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cloves
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter
Other than gingerbread cookies you can decorate your Christmas dinner table with various delicious modern food items.
- 150 grams Honey
- 100 grams Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 tsp Bakig Soda
- 130 grams Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 400-450 grams Flour
- Put honey, sugar, and spices to a pot.
- They bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda, stir.
- Add butter gradually and stir. Add egg and stir.
- Add sifted flour and knead the dough.
- Then form a ball.
- Roll out the dough 5mm thick between two sheets of parchment or silicone mats.
- Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes – 1 an hour.
- Cut a christmas icon shape and transfer them to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 3500F/1750C for 10 minutes.