Christmas is an amazing celebrity season in the year. All Christians decorate a Christmas food table. Christmas trifle is one of the Christmas foods that can be seen on the table. This food item consists of a cake, custard, and fruit layers. It can be served in a small bowl. This can be made by layered with custard, fruit, or jam and then topped with whipped cream and slivered almonds or glacé cherries.
The History of Christmas Trifle
The word “trifle” literally denotes something frivolous or of minor importance and is derived from the old French word “trufle.” An authentic English trifle is made of sponge cake that has been soaked in fruit and sherry, actual egg custard, and whipped cream on top. It originated in England in the 18th century.
The early trifles were extremely similar to Fools (a vintage delicacy made with cream and pureed fruit), and for many years the terms were used virtually interchangeably. Trifle was invented as a method to use up stale cake, and many puddings developed as leftovers were utilized. According to trifle history, the English trifle is related to both the Spanish dessert known as “Bizcocho Borracho” and the Italian equivalent known as “Zuppa Ingles” (English Soup).
The best way to layer the trifle
The best way is from bottom to top: cake, custard, and then fruit. This is repeated until it reaches the top of the dish. Additionally, you can add some simple syrup, liquor, or fruit juice between the layers.
Variations of Christmas Trifle
There are various types of trifles.
- Chocolate trifflede
- Cherry-Spice Cake Trifle
- Cranberry Dreamsicle TrifleVg
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Trifle
- Ambrosia Trifle
- Old-Fashioned Trifle
If you can make the trifle a day before Christmas and let the trifle rest overnight, you could feel a fantastic taste. If you plan to add the top layer of fresh whipped cream, wait to add it until just before serving. It’s a tip for making an amazing trifle. You can store the Christmas trifle in the refrigerator for up to three or four days by covering well the dish.
- 1 packet Red Jelly Powder
- 250 ml Thickened Cream
- 1 tsp Icing Sugar
- 300 grams Swiss Jam Roll Cake
- 60 ml Baileys Irish Cream
- Fruits(Blackberries, Mulberries, Strawberries)
- 600 grams Vanilla Custard
- Whipped Cream
- Make jelly according to the instructions given in jelly powder packet.
- Refrigerate it until set.
- Add thickened cream into a bowl and icing sugar.
- Beat them well.
- After setting the jelly, cut into squares.
- Take swiss jam roll cake and cut into slices.
- Then lay the cake slices at the bottom of the bowl.
- Poue baileys irish cream on the cake layer.
- Then add fruit layer.
- Pour vanilla custard. A little amount f custard should be remained.
- Add red jelly crystals.
- Add fruits layer, remaining custard cream and add whipped cream layer.
- Then again add fruits layer.