It is one of the Chinese traditional food. But it is famous all over the world. It is a delicious dish and it can be eaten every one. It is made from dough with filling. The filling can be made from meat, vegetables, soy sauce and sesame oil. You can use any meat, fish or sausages.
There are various dumplings that are made in various countries. They are called in various names. South African dumplings are known as melkkos, won ton is a Chinese dumpling, Japanese dumpling is Dango, Korean dumplings are called as mandu and momos are Nepal dumplings.
Dumplings can be prepared using various methods like baking, boiling, frying or steaming. The main method of dumpling preparation is steaming. It can be made in various shapes. It can be served with chilli paste and dumpling sauce.
Table of Contents
So, let’s try to make these delicious dumplings.
- 150 grams All purpose Flour
- 87 ml Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- 250 grams Chicken
- 100 grams Cabbage
- 100 grams Carrots
- 50 grams Onion
- 2 ½ tbsp Ginger, Garlic Paste
- 1 ½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 – 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Pepper Powder
- Chili Flakes
For making dough
- Take a bowl and add flour and salt to it.
- Let it rest for 45 minutes.
For making filling
- Grind the meat finely. (If you want, you can boil the meat and then grind it.)
- Then grind cabbage and carrots.
- Cut onion into small pieces.
- Then take a bowl and add meat, cabbage, carrots, onion and ginger – garlic paste.
- Add a little bit of soy sauce to it.
- Then add pepper, chilli flakes and onion leaves.
- Add sesame oil to it.
For making dumpling
- Take the dough and thin it well.
- Then cut medium sized circles from it.
- Fill the filling at the middle of the circles.
- Then it can be made into any shape you like.
- Then steam these dumplings.
- You can serve this dumplings with a sauce or chili paste.
Read more Chinese Category
Follow Our Facebook Page