Butter cake is also known as shortening cake. It has a buttery texture, is available in different shapes and flavors and is one of the most common cakes. The butter cake has a delicious taste and is popular all over the world. There are many types of butter cake. Pound cake, queen cake, cupcakes are some of them.
Butter cakes are originated in America and the recipe for butter cakes have evolved from a pound cake recipe. The butter cakes were now made in all over the world. It is a very easy and simple recipe.
Butter cake can made in different flavors. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, lemon are the some of flavors.
Look Butter Cake Recipe
How to make Butter Cake
- 1 oven
- 1 Cake Tray
- 250 grams Butter
- 250 grams Sugar
- 250 grams Flour
- 3/4 cups Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Vanila Essence
- Add flour and baking powder to a bowl and mix it well.
- Mix sugar and butter, and then beat it until pale, light and fluffy.
- Then add eggs one by one and beat after each addition until creamy.
- Add vanila essence and mix until well combined.
- Then flour mixture add to this and mix again everything.
- Add milk as you needed.
- The cake batter is smooth, creamy, lump free and more importantly without any streaks of egg.
- Then butter spread to a tray. Transfer the batter to the tray.
- Bake the cake at 1800 C for 45 – 60 mins depending on the size of the pan.
Follow on Pinteres
Do you like Sri Lankan Traditional Food