Banana bread is a type of bread and quick bread. It has a sweet taste. It doesn’t contain yeast. It contains baking powder. This is one of the sweetest food in most countries. Although this is known as Banana Bread, it is not bread. Banana Bread is the most popular dessert in the world. This amazing food can be eaten with tea or coffee. This is a perfect and easily portable baked food suitable for breakfast, dinner, parties, tea time.
Real Simple describes the things that you should pay more attention to when preparing the Banana Bread.
- Choose suitable bananas (Overripe bananas)
- Mixing and Measuring
- For the preparation of Banana Bread, use wet ingredients like (Bananas, Sugar, Eggs, Butter) and dry ingredients (Flour, Salt, Baking Powder). They need to be mix very well.
- Sugar and Flour
- Don’t overmix the batter.
Banana Cake vs Banana Bread
Banana cake is a cake and Banana Bread is a bread that is made using bananas as the main ingredient. According to pediaa Banana Cake is lighter, moister, more flavorful than banana bread. But, the texture of the Banana Bread is firmer, heavier and denser than the Banana cake. For the preparation of Banana Bread, use heavier flours and for Banana Cake use lighter flours like pastry flour/cake flour.
The Main Ingredients
Banana is the main ingredient of Banana Bread. It gives the flavor and texture for the Banana Bread. When preparing this food, should be considered the nature of bananas. Overripe bananas are suitable to make Banana Bread. Kingarthurbaking explains that the black bananas (they have black/brown spots on the banana peel), not yellow bananas are the bananas for the banana bread.
For preparing this recipe, use heavier flours like whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour. The quantity of flour is more important. Because if use too much flour for the recipe, Banana bread becomes more sniff and dry.
You can use white / brown sugar for this recipe. If you need to get a darker banana bread, you can use brown sugar.
- Baking Soda / Baking Powder
Baking soda/Baking powder is used as the leavening agent. For Banana Bread, don’t use yeast.
The method of preparing Banana Bread is baking.
Banana Bread is a very good dessert for the heart. Because they contain potassium that regulates the blood pressure and helps to maintain heart function. Bananas give an energy boost because have a low glycemic index. So banana bread will good for you if takes it for breakfast.
So, this is a wonderful recipe. You can try to make this amazing food for your loving family / friends, for breakfast, dinner, tea time or ceremonies.
Table of Contents
Now, Let’s See How to Make Banana Bread.
- 3 Ripe banana
- ⅓ cups melted butter
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¾ cups Sugar
- 1 Beaten egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups All purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 1750C.
- Take a bowl and mash the bananas using a fork until completely smooth.
- Now, add the melted butter to this mixture.
- Then add baking soda and salt to it and mix well.
- Next, add sugar, beaten egg and vanilla to that mixture.
- Now add all purpose flour to the mixture and mix well together.
- Take a 4×8 inch loaf pan and spread butter on it.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Beak this for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 1750C.
- Then, it remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Next, it takes out from the pan.
- Now, it can be sliced and served.