Have you ever tasted ulundu vadai? If yes, you love to eat them. If not, I asked to eat them. You will be addicted. They have a fantastic taste and texture. Ulundu vadai is also known as medhu vadai, medu vada.Ulundu vadai is a famous appetizer, short eat or snack all over the world, especially in Sri Lanka and India.
Health Benefits of Ulundu vadai
Urad dal or black gram is the main ingredient of ulundu vadai. It is rich in protein, iron, potassium and calcium. It helps with digestion.
It can be made at home easily. This food is available at many restaurants. It is suitable for the evening and served with a chilli Sambol. And also this crispy food is often served as a side dish with Pongal, idli and dosa.
- 250 g Black gram/urad dal
- 2 Onion
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 4 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- Curry leaves
- Soak black gram/urad dal for about 4 hours.
- Then, transfer the soaked black gram/urad dal to a blender and add a little amount of water. If you needmore water you can add later.
- Then grind it until smooth paste.
- Take a bowl and add black gram paste, chopped onion, green chilies, chopped garlic, curry leaves, green chilies, asafoetida, pepper and salt.
- Then mix well.
- The correct texture of mixing is when dropping a small portion of batter to water, it should be float on the top.
- After mixing, the next step is frying.
- Take a pot, add oil and heat it on medium heat.
- Then take soma water to a ball and then wash hand from water.
- After that, take a small portion of batter and make a ball and make a small hole on the center of the ball.
- Next, add the ball to the heating oil.
- Then fry them until brown colour.
- Now, the ulundu vadai, medu vada is ready.