Chinese Rolls can be categorized as an appetizer. This food is similar to the spring rolls. foodvoyageur describes that Chinese Rolls came from Chinese immigrants.
This food is made by filling wrapped in a pancake and coated with bread crumbs. The filling is prepared with vegetables and spices.
There are different types of Chinese Rolls.
- Fish Rolls
- Vegetable Rolls
- Chicken Rolls
- Egg Rolls
- Mutton Rolls
- Beef Rolls
This recipe is about vegetable rolls. So, this is very important to vegetable peoples. This is preferred to eat with a sauce. This can be recognized as a family meal and tea time meal. Now, this can be found in all tea shops and hotels in Sri Lanka. Also, anyone can make this at home easily.
Let’s See How to Make Chinese Rolls…
- 100 grams Wheat Flour
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 250 grams Bread Crumbs
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 Small Leeks
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green Chilies
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 piece Ginger
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 1½ bottles Coconut oil
- Take a bowl, add flour, and salt.
- Then add water and mix well until the mixture thickened.
- Then add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Place the batter aside.
- Boil the potatoes.
- After boiled them, remove the peels and place aside.
- Cut carrots, leeks, onion, curry leaves and green chilies.
- Chop the garlic and ginger, then make a paste.
- Take a pan, add 2 tbsp coconut oil and heat it on medium heat.
- After heating it, add onion, curry leaves, green chilies and ginger,garlic paste.
- Then fry them until golden color.
- Then add carrots, leeks and fry them.
- Next, add curry powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt, pepper powder and chili flakes to the mixture and fry them.
- Then, remove from the stove and add potatoes to the mixture.
- Then mash potatoes and mix with the mixture well.
- Keep a little of the batter aside and take the remaining batter for making pancakes.
- Take a pan and brush with oil.
- Take one spoon from the batter, then cook both sides well.
- Cook all the pancakes and place aside.
- Then take one pancake and put a little of the filling on the middle of the pancake.
- Then make the roll.
- Make rolls using all the pancakes.
- Take a dish, add a little of flour and water. This is another batter.
- Next, take a pan, add oil and heat it well.
- Then take a roll, and coat the batter and bread crumbs.
- Then fry the rolls in oil until golden color.
- Then, they can be served.